IsItUp offers QR code tagging to make asset management more efficient. IsItUp Mobile App links QR codes to an asset.
There are two types of QR codes:
- Asset QR code: An 8 alphanumeric unique ID across the system that is linked to the asset's IsItUp Asset ID; it is printed in a sticker that is attached to an asset.
- QR MAC: Generated by the IsItUp Desktop Software installed to a computer asset (laptop/desktop) that contains the computer's MAC Address(es) ang Serial Number
Important: Please read the article How to Add an Asset before you continue with this article.
Follow the steps below on how to link QR codes to an asset.
- In Add Asset screen 2, tap the camera button beside Take photo of Asset QR code sticker. This will open the camera.
2. Point the camera to the IsItUp Asset QR code sticker. This will allow the IsItUp Mobile App to scan the QR code.
3. Once scanned by the IsItUp Mobile App, the 8 alphanumeric ID will auto-populate the IsItUp Asset QR Code Number field. Tap Add More Info to link QR MAC to the asset.
Note: You can stop at this point and save the asset by tapping Save and Sync.
4. In Add Asset screen 3, tap the camera button beside MAC Address and Serial Number. This will open the camera.
5. Point the camera to the QR MAC stored in the computer asset. This will allow the IsItUp Mobile App to scan the QR code.
6. If the QR code is valid, the MAC Address(es) and Serial Number will auto-populate the respective fields. Tap Save and Sync to save the asset.